Sunday 14 April 2013

Hello loyal friends,


I apologise the blog hasn't been updated as regularly recently, it's been a crazy time. But I promise I will do lots more posts in the coming week :) 

This week saw Katie secure a place at the X-Factor auditions (as posted below), which means she is now in crazy song/dance prep for the incredible few months she has ahead of her. I've got every faith she is going to do so so well! You will all have to vote for her when it airs. 

This week I had one day filming for 'Offspring' which was so thrilling. It is one of my favourite Australian TV shows (if not my absolute favourite) and has some of the actors I most respect in the industry working on it. I was lucky enough to be cast in a small guest part that allowed me to do a scene with Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart. I think I got the most out of the day from just watching them work. The show is like a well oiled machine, everyone knows the part and they work well together - I got so much out of watching over the directors shoulder. I would have paid to have been there - and instead it was the other way around! 

Also, we've been busily preparing for the North Melbourne Markets next weekend, really looking forward to that. Please pop down and see us, say hello and let us know you have been reading the blog. It'll mean our fear that our mums are logging on and reading the blog 100 times a day won't be real! Some of the furniture that is currently online will be coming with us, unfortunately at this stage we can not afford to fund an entirely new collection of furniture pieces until these are sold. So, if you have been um'ing and ah'ing over something, now would be the time to purchase it before it is taken down and taken with us OR if you want to see something in the flesh this will also be your opportunity. The markets run from 10am - 3pm at 44 Errol St North Melbourne.

Oh and this will give you a laugh. I've recently been attempting to find a job that isn't in hospitality. After years of working through university as a waitress and then spending the past year and a bit working in a restaurant - I have well and truly had enough. So I have been exploring other options and last week came across what I thought would be fantastic - a kids party host. As a struggling actor, I have hit rock bottom BUT the pay is great so I decide to go to watch two parties to see what it entails. Long story short I ended up driving for HOURS, I got completely lost AND to just put the cherry on top of the crap cake a child fly kicked me in the head while playing limbo. You are probably thinking... how is that possible in limbo? Let me explain... the stick had gotten so low that you could either decide to go under it on your stomach or jump over it. This one particular child who quite frankly had been annoying me the entire party due to her lack of enthusiasm suddenly gets a burst of energy and decides to do some sort of karate move while jumping over the stick which ends in her kicking me square in the forehead. I leave the party (which I don't get paid for) with a purple line down my forehead and I get lost on the way home... I'm not taking the job. 

I'll keep looking and in the meantime I'll see you next weekend at the markets!

Han xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment